Swap Halloween sweet for a home made, scrumptious dessert. These pumpkin cheesecake pops are seasonal and positive to please. And for those who’re watching your waistline, you’ll be blissful to know they clock in at solely 90 energy and 5 grams of fats every!
RELATED: 16 Wholesome Pumpkin Recipes for Each Meal
Low-Fats Pumpkin Cheesecake Pops
Prep time: 45 minutes (plus four hours for chilling time)
Cook dinner time: 25 minutes
- 90 cal
- 5 g fats (three g sat)
- 10 g carbs
- 42 mg sodium
- 1 g fiber
- 1 g protein
eight ounces 1/three much less fats cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 massive egg
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
24 lollipop sticks
1 pound semi-sweet chocolate chips
four tablespoons shortening
2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs or your topping of alternative
- Warmth oven to 300°F. Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a big bowl with an electrical mixer at medium velocity till easy, then beat in egg till mixed. Add pumpkin, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice and blend on low velocity till easy.
- Pour batter into pie plate and bake for 25 to 30 minutes (ought to nonetheless be wobbly within the heart). Switch to a rack to let cool utterly.
- Cowl cheesecake with a spherical of parchment paper then wrap in plastic and chill for a minimum of three hours or in a single day.
- Scoop out tablespoon-sized chunks of cheesecake and roll them into balls together with your arms (maintain your arms moist with water to stop sticking). Place the balls on a wax paper–lined baking sheet and push a lollipop stick ¾ of the best way into each. Freeze till frozen stable, a minimum of 1 hour.
- Mix half the chocolate and half the shortening in a small bowl and microwave on medium, stirring each 30 seconds, till melted and easy.
- Working with half the batch of cheesecake balls, dip each into the chocolate and let extra chocolate drip off, and return coated ball to wax paper–lined pan. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs or different toppings. Repeat with remaining balls. If cheesecake begins to melt, return to freezer to harden. Refrigerate completed pops till serving.
- Soften remaining chocolate and shortening and coat remaining cheesecake balls.
Initially posted October 2013. Up to date October 2016.